Without installing a printer driver, your printer will never work because the driver is the only way to connect your printer to your computer. Somehow, a printer driver is a kind of software that you can download from the website. You can use any kinds of a printer and download each compatible driver. Perhaps, you are currently using HP PSC 500 Printer series, but you do not have the compatible driver to install it manually. Somehow, you can actually install it automatically using the Windows Built in Printer Driver
Downloading and installing a printer driver for HP PSC 500 Printer series is not an option, but it is a must because it will not work on your Windows Operating system without the compatible driver. Basically, you can install the driver for HP PSC 500 Printer series manually because the CD driver is available in the printer package. Somehow, if you do not have the CD, then there is no option but you need to download it on the internet or you just simply use the Windows Built in Printer driver so your Windows PC can detect your HP printer automatically and install it automatically. Moreover, this driver is also compatible with Window XP, Windows, 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Category: HP Printers
Subcategory: HP PSC 500 Printer series Printers
Driver Version: 2018
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Driver HP PSC 500 Printer series for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
How To Installing Printer Driver for HP PSC 500 Printer series
Installing by using Windows Built-in Print Driver is actually very easy because you just let your PC detect the printer driver automatically. Any drivers for all types of printers can be detected and installed automatically, including the Driver for HP PSC 500 Printer series which is compatible with Windows XP. How to install the driver using the Windows Built in Print Driver?
Step 1: First of all, you need to configure the Windows Update setting to automatically download the printer driver
- You can simply open the control panel and then search for Windows change device install and then click it.
- The window will pop up and you can just choose “Yes, do this automatically”, and then click save changes.
Step 2: Plug in your printer into your PC
- Turn on your computer and Connect your computer to the internet
- Switch on your printer
- Plug in the USB cable to your PC USB Port and make sure it uses the original HP USB cable
- Next, it will show the compatible driver found on your screen and just follow the pop-up window for the installation process.
- After that, you can try to print a document and the driver is already displayed on the options. But, if it does not work yet, then you can go to the third step.
Step 3: Instaling your HP PSC 500 Printer series using Add a Printer Wiard
Using Add a Printer Wiard, you can also automatically install HP PSC 500 Printer series printer without downloading it manually.
- Simply, click the Start button and then double-click “device and printers”
- Once the window is opened, then you can click “Add a Printer” on the top.
- Then, you can choose a device or printer to add to the PC. If your printer series is shown in the list, you can just choose it and click “Next’, but if it is not found, you can just continue to the next step.
- Just select add a local printer or network printer with manual setting, then click next.
- Then, choose the port that belongs to your printer device such as USB01 which is connected to your printer and then simply click Next.
- After that, you can click Windows Update, and then it will automatically update the printer driver.
- You will find HP or Hewlett Packard and just simply click the printer company. Then, you can just click Next when you finally find the printer series in the list.
Help resolve common printing and scanning problems, such as missing or corrupt print drivers, connectivity issues, firewall issues, scan error messages, printer offline, and print jobs stuck in the print queue, You can solve some problems with HP PSC 500 Printer series with HP Print and Scan Doctor.